Ms. Schiller terminated the contract of Williams for his comment in quotes above.  She then immediately offered her own apology for her comments about Williams, but has yet to apologize to Williams personally.  Hey, Ms. Hypocrite, you should be terminated on the spot.  You are apparently unfit to run a media organization.  You essentially just offended the mentally ill in this nation in the same manner which you held Williams' feet to the fire for his comments.  And let's get one thing straight:  Williams was not advocating mistreatment, discrimination, or hostility towards Muslims.  He simply said how he feels when he is in that situation.  I'm sure he is not alone.  It's called classical conditioning, madam.  Not bigotry.  Let me give you a personal example...

It was January 20, 1994.  I was returning home from my shift at The Flying Dutchman in Kemah, TX.  It was close to midnight.  I was traveling north on Red Bluff Rd. approaching the intersection of Bay Area Blvd.  The posted speed limit was 55 MPH and I was going about 60.  As I approached the intersection, my light turned yellow.  I was beyond the point of no return, so I made the split-second decision to proceed through the intersection, as I did not see any headlights approaching on Bay Area Blvd.  At the last possible moment before entering the intersection, I could see a car approaching at a decent rate of speed, with its headlights off.  I slammed on my brakes, but it was too late.  I broadsided the much larger vehicle in a spectacular collision, which ended up summoning Life Flight to tend to the injuries of the man in the other vehicle, which had burst into flames.  He survived, but was bleeding from several locations as he climbed out of his car.  I was knocked out from the collision, and I was quite fortunate when I regained consciousness as I had only broken both wrists in the ordeal.  I could have been killed had I not noticed the vehicle at the last second, as it could have broadsided my car on the driver's side door.

Why is this relevant?  I'll tell you why:  even today, when I travel through that intersection, my mind flashes back to that fateful evening and all of the pain, fear, and destruction associated with it.  It is forever a part of who I am as a person and a driver.  I'm far less aggressive in my driving as a result of maturity and my experiences which include this horrific accident.  I'll never forget that evening and the effects it has had on my life.  Similarly, many Americans will never forget how 9/11 forever changed the way they view air travel and how some wish to do us harm.